Welcome to our adoption blog. Please leave us comments so we know you were here. We need all the prayers and support we can get and if you don't leave comments we won't know you care. Thanks! We love you all!
~The Oldenkamp Family

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Info from Bethany Christian Services blog

This past week two cases have come out of court approved, four families have returned home with five children, and six children were matched with five families!

Bethany has about 55 families with dossiers in Ethiopia. Families with dossiers sent in late July 2008 are waiting the longest. About one fourth of these families are open to or only wanting a sibling group, about one fourth of the families have a preference for a female children as young as possible. Other families who are waiting are open to either gender in various age ranges.

We are thankful for all of the families who are preparing their heart and home for their children for Ethiopia.


I have to admit that reading this kind of made me a little sad. There are families waiting since last July! With a fourth of the families wanting a girl it makes me feel fairly confident we will have a boy. :-) I am SOO ok with that.

2 comments:

Janine's Mom said...

It's hard to imagine waiting a year or more, but you never know.. when I did adoption classes I was the only single, and the comment was made that I would likely wait longer. But I was the first one to get my kids (and the only other family to go through with it got theirs almost the same time.) And I only waited about four months after the paperwork was all done. Hard to believe that was 20 years ago! (Aunt Boo=Janine's Mom)

Kristin said...

I pray the wait is not that long for your family! It must be sooo hard not having a "due date" and just having the indefinite "some day we'll have our baby".

Hanging in there with you...Kristin