Welcome to our adoption blog. Please leave us comments so we know you were here. We need all the prayers and support we can get and if you don't leave comments we won't know you care. Thanks! We love you all!
~The Oldenkamp Family

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Liam is starting to understand

So, I've been talking with Liam a lot about different colors of skin. We got a bunch of books from the library like The Colors of Us and Please, Baby, Please. Liam loves these books. We asked him if he wanted a new brother or sister and he said 'yes'. I asked him if he wanted a brown baby and again he said, 'yes'. So yesterday we had a couple from church over for dinner. They didn't know yet we were adopting and Dave asked Liam, "Do you want a new brother or sister?" And he responded with a huge smile and said, "A brown Baby!" He ran and found his Please, Baby, Please book and showed the couple the baby on the cover and said, "That's a brown baby!"
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
It was so cute! I think he's really understanding and excited! He can quote the whole book and we've only had it a couple days.
My camera died so I couldn't get him reading the whole book but you can catch him saying, "Not on your head", "Keep off the wall", "Share that ball" "Don't be so slow"

No comments: