It's December. That should be exciting news but we still have no news of a set court date. As I understand it, we could find out last minute about the court date. I pray it's still in December because the later it is the later we go to Ethiopia to get our little boy.
A couple days ago we got a phone message from a local family who is also adopting a boy from Ethiopia. She wanted to tell us that they would be leaving Grand Junction for Ethiopia this very morning to bring their boy home. She offered to bring something to him except that since we're still waiting on the court approval, he doesn't know about us yet. I would have loved to send a Christmas gift to him since we can't spend it with him.
So, I called her back last night and we found out that both boys are from the same village in Ethiopia and that her boy used to be in the orphanage that ours is in now. She said that their agency (not BCS) is taking them to a couple different orphanages and that our little boy's is one of them!
I gave her his picture so she can keep an eye out for him. So, there's a chance they'll come back with a report on how he's doing! It's very exciting! I am a bit (I mean, A LOT!) jealous. . . I wish I was the one travel to my son's home country today. I wish I was the one who could see my boy face to face!
Anyway, I am praying for that family and looking forward to them coming back. We're going to get together with them to look at pictures and hear all about their trip. So, the countdown to that day begins, 9 more days. Maybe we'll get our court date within the time too ;-)
Thursday, December 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment