Welcome to our adoption blog. Please leave us comments so we know you were here. We need all the prayers and support we can get and if you don't leave comments we won't know you care. Thanks! We love you all!
~The Oldenkamp Family

Sunday, October 5, 2008

hmm . . .

As you know, we are not requesting a specific gender. We know God has a baby for us and just like with Liam and Gabriel, it wasn't up to us what gender our kids would be. We had a girl's name picked out when we were expecting Liam. We changed our minds and picked out a new name when we were expecting Gabriel. We also have a couple other boy names picked out. However, we have NO idea if we'll even want to use these names as our baby will probably have a name. I know a lot of people will change the baby's name to an American name, others might give them a new first name and make their given name their middle name. I don't know what we'll do. I don't think we'll even be able to think about that until we see a picture of our baby and know the gender and name. However . . . a very dear friend gave me this black angel as a gift today. It brightened my day (after my last post). Adoption is dear to her heart too. Anyway, as I walked over to my wall (where I display all my Willow Tree figurines) I looked at the bottom of this angel. It is called "The Angel of Grace". Hmmm, Grace? I looked at Dave before placing the angel in it's spot and said, "Maybe this is a sign. Maybe our baby is a girl and we should name her Grace." Dave smiled and said, "I like that name."

Photobucket

No comments: