Monday, March 8, 2010
"Honeymoon Stage"
So, when it comes to adoption you'll here the phrase "Honeymoon Stage" which is referring to how well things might go at the very beginning of bringing your child home. This, of course, implies that this honeymoon will come to an end and things will get harder. I think I have realised that our situation with Judah "might" (and I say this with my fingers crossed and praying I'm right) be the opposite of this. Our first week and a half home were hard. Granted, Dave and I were trying to adjust back to CO time but it was tough. Judah threw fits (kicking and screaming) daily. He pushed every limit imaginable. He bit both of his brothers at some point and would pinch and hit them if he was upset. All of these things have gotten better. He respects us more and is really learning how to share and wait his turn. His fits are less often and much shorter as I think he's realizing he won't get what he wants all the time. So, are we entering the "honeymoon stage" now after 4 weeks home? It feels like it. I am not complaining by any means. I just pray that things stay the way they are now and only get better. Don't get me wrong, we still have our days (like yesterday!) but over all Judah has come so far in only 5 weeks in our care. Praise God!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Praying for you all, I can only imagine.
Kami, I experienced everything you have with my own son, other than the sibling fights since Levi was the only child when he came home. You will have your ups and downs, but nothing will ever compare to those first weeks home. I believe you are through the roughest part. The next few months will be challenging, but there's nothing like that beginning.
Post a Comment