Welcome to our adoption blog. Please leave us comments so we know you were here. We need all the prayers and support we can get and if you don't leave comments we won't know you care. Thanks! We love you all!
~The Oldenkamp Family

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Just some random tidbits

So, our agency got us an embassy date before having confirmation that the National Visa Center has processed our request. So, Dave and I spent over an hour calling them tonight . . .there wasn't a waiting queue so we had to keep calling back. Finally I pressed 1 instead of 2 for the Haiti line. . .I got a hold of someone in no time. They checked and it was sent to the embassy 3 days ago. . YEA!

I downloaded the Beth Moore audio book Breaking Free. I am excited to listen to it on one of our many flights. I have heard good things about the study but haven't had a chance to do it. This will be good for me.

We had a plastic bag with J's undies and sox in it. . .I can't find it anywhere. I know it's in the house but one of the boys probably got a hold of it. Who knows where it is now. So, tomorrow we may have to go purchase some more to take on the trip.

I started to crochet a blanket for a friend. It's a long overdue gift. I hope I have room in my carry on cause I want to work on it on the plane. It'll help keep me awake while listening to my book on my ipod. Otherwise, I will fall asleep while listening.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Do they let you have a crochet hook on airplanes? Is it a metal or plastic hook?

Kami said...

yep, I checked the TSA website. :-)