time our driver will be here to take us to Judah's orphanage. We are
overwhelmed and beyond excited! It's about time, right?! Our trip here
was interesting and very very long! Our first flight out of Grand
Junction was delayed but we didn't miss our connection in Denver. We
got to Washington DC and met up with Melissa which was a sweet reunion.
Our plane out of DC left late but with no issues. After the first meal
I (Kami) didn't feel well. It got worse and worse. I couldn't sleep
because of my stomach which made the night very long and not at all
enjoyable. Finally I was able to find a couple empty seats to lay down
in. Shortly after I filled a baggy with my last couple of meals. I felt
a lot better after that but even this morning I am not 100%. Last night
we got to the guest house by 10:30pm (12:30 in the afternoon in Grand
Junction). I took a prescribed sleep aid pill and slept fabulously
until 4am when I woke up very awake and ready to go. So, we have a full
schedule today but the only thing we're thinking about is meeting our
boy.
Ethiopia is a very different place and it's been wonderful so far to
experience the people and the sites. I love cross cultural experiences
having been to Costa Rica and Mexico but this trip is a first for Dave
and Melissa.
We will try to update as often as we can but with 2 other families here
using one laptop on dial up it may not be as often as I would hope.
Thank you for your prayers.

4 comments:
We are very glad you had a safe trip to Ethiopia. It is exciting to think that at this point you probably have Judah with you! I pray that the rest of the trip goes well and am so excited to meet Judah on Saturday!
Andrea
I'm glad you made it safely and we will be praying that everything goes smoothly. We are so excited for you!
Emily (for all the Dantes)
I'm so excited to hear that you guys got there safely! I'm sorry about your illness, I'm sure its due in part just to being so nervous and excited. This is a great experience, but very emotional at the same time. We're still praying for you, and I hope the reunion is a beautiful thing. Keep us posted! I'm so excited to hear more about Judah, and maybe see a picture some day!
following. Sorry u got sick...was it nerves or food? You must be so incredibly PUMPED! Hugs; Micah
Post a Comment